Sunday, January 23, 2011

First Sail of the Hobie 16

The new boat was prepped and ready for it's first sail.  We went to the Texas City Dike.  It was the day of the Red Fish Reach put on by the Texas City Dike Yacht Club.  I decided not to join the race but just play on the boat with the family.  My parents brought my brother's kids so rides were to be given.


It was a blast!  October 16th, 2010.  We had a great day of sailing.  I also determined my new boat needed new sails.  The sails that came with it had at one time been a mylar laminate sail.  All of the mylar plastic had since been peeled of and the sails allowed too much wind to blow through them.  This Time I found just what I needed on eBay.  A nice set of used sails.  So the boat got new sails and some updated decals.




No comments:

Post a Comment