Thursday, February 4, 2010

Project: Paint Engine Covers

I found out painting plastic can be hard.  I also found out that brake cleaner will take off paint pretty well. (Thanks Dad)
My first attempt did not cover well so I stripped it off and repainted it.  This time I used Krylon Fusion paint for plastic.
Problem is it did not match my car so I was using it as a base coat or primer. 

I then sprayed the Valspar Yellow that did match and it went pretty well.

and finally I used a Paint pen to outline the letters.

I just need to put them on and maybe paint some black or green inside the Lotus emblem.
Painted logo Black! Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment