Thursday, January 21, 2010

Keeping the battery charged. I love Projects!

I have already experienced the dead battery problem.  My car often sets from Monday morning until about 3pm on Friday afternoon up on the lift in the garage.  During this time a battery can be drained by the demobilizer of the alarm system.  The original 3 year old battery of the car just gave up!  I got a new Interstate Battery installed and decided it was time to prevent the possibility of this happening again.  I looked at the Battery Tender and other brands and then found a small float charger at Harbor Freight on sale for $3.99.  That's cheap enough I will give it a try!


I hung it from the storage rack above my work bench and can plug it in when I unplug the lift after raising the car.  Then I pull a concealed two prong plug out of the back of the Lotus above the license plate and plug it in.  It looks like it will work great!

No comments:

Post a Comment